Saturday, March 28, 2009

Versoix Chocolate Festival




I woke up to a cloudy day. Minutes later I could see rain hitting the trees outside. Then while I was in the bathroom taming my hair I could hear the rain on our deck. Regardless, we decided to brave the weather and head to the Versoix chocolate festival.
On the way to the bus stop Mother Nature was clearly intent on turning our umbrellas inside out. Though the weather was awful the crowds were there. Never underestimate the power of free samples, especially free sample of Swiss chocolate. Imagine about a hundred people on a semi-large tent, many armed with strollers, lots of children with chocolate smeared on their faces, and everyone herding themselves around the free samples.

I officially added to my collection of chocolate to bring home. I also filled my stomach with free samples and not-so-free hot dogs. Though I have generally sworn of American food for my entire trip, I was drawn to a hot dog placed in a semi-hollowed out baguette, with ketchup and mustard in the bottom. Well done Switzerland.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate!? Yummy!!! Bring some of that stuff home!! :) Glad to hear you are braving that weather and having fun! You go girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. raining here now, but one those nice easy rains. i second the bringing home chocolate idea :)

    ReplyDelete