Monday, November 16, 2009

Modesty

So I am generally an optimistic person.  I go into most situations with the glass half full.  I also go into most situations being open to other perspectives.  I hold true to what I think, but I still consider the arguments of others.  I am willing to change my opinion when warranted by a good and well-presented argument.

These days, though, I have been hanging out with someone who goes into every situation assuming he is correct.  In doing so, he also assumes that everyone else is always wrong.  The arguments of others are not even considered.  He justifies this using a male perspective (i.e. "always trust a man when it comes to direction.").  He also claims that he is modest.  As a general rule, modest people don't sit around thinking about how modest they are.  He really does lack modesty and often lacks a regard for other people's feelings.

I have one simple question.  How do I deal with someone like this?

P.S.  One of these days I will post before 10 p.m.

2 comments: