So I proud, and amused, to say that I grew up in a small town in Alaska. Not the one that the famous SP is from, but close enough. Think Stars Hollow, but with more snow and oil workers. As mandated by the powers that be, we host a day every summer to celebrate OUR TOWN. Over the years this celebration has flowed over into a weekend of fun, complete with a parade, rodeo, fair, races, and free hot dogs for all! What could be better than that? Here are some fabulous photos from the parade.
The lady in pink was joking with parade goers that she was going to wear her outfit to work.
Train on wheels? Whatever works...
I am also happy to report that I had premiere seating, near the post office, and close proximity to a bunch of cute kids (prime targets for candy throwers). Fun was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment