Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rome: Day I

So a few weeks ago I decided that I really needed to get out of Switzerland.  Don't get me wrong, I love the land of the Swiss, but there are many cool European cities that I need to visit.  Last weekend that city was Rome.  

We left Geneva on Friday night and boarded the overnight train.  We were both on the top bunk of a 6 bunk room.  It wasn't as bad as expected, until I realized that our "roommates" had moved the ladder in the middle of the night.  I was trapped, which was not as dramatic as it could of been.  I consumed just enough water to not die of thirst and just enough not to need to leave my bed.  

Here is my friend on the right and our Canadian "roommate" on the left, sitting under my bunk.


After arriving at 9 a.m. the next day we located our hotel, dropped off our bags, and proceeded to walk around for the next 12 hours.  We stop for lunch, dinner, and many photo opportunities.  Here is what I saw and ate: 


  
     
 Making my wish at the fountain.
  
This is the view from the steps where we sat and enjoyed gelato.
   
The Basilica
 
   
Though this tortellini may not look that great, it was truly AMAZING.



RECAP

Food Consumed: Pizza, Tortellini, Gelato, Buffalo Mozzarella, and Bruschetta
Hours Walked: 11ish
Euros Spent: about 50

No comments:

Post a Comment